Note to applicants: As of Oct. 18, 2021, Oregon is requiring all healthcare employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, with limited exceptions. This requirement applies to all Addictions Recovery Center, Inc. employees.
Addictions Recovery Center, Inc. (ARC) in Medford, Oregon is a private, non-profit health agency providing substance use disorder treatment and recovery support services in Southern Oregon for nearly 50 years, including: medically-monitored detox, medication-assisted treatment, residential and outpatient services, and mental health care.
ARC is seeking a qualified part-time Family Nurse Practitioner to join our treatment team to ensure continuity of care at our Detox Center and provide back up support at our Addictions Medicine Clinic.
The successful candidate will provide direct patient care and perform the following duties:
• Provide backup support and schedule coverage for the Medical Director as needed;
• Determine eligibility for detox admission with intake staff and medical director, as needed;
• Conduct medical assessment and physical examination for admitted patients within 24 hours of admission;
• Assess patient’s medical needs, risks and create a treatment plan for safe substance withdrawal and short-term stabilization, including an appropriate plan of action for special needs or circumstances outside of established processes;
• Establish individual medication orders for newly admitted patients, often through phone consultation with other medical staff (RN’s, LPN’s and MA);
• Able to share 24-hour on call with the Medical Director for the Detoxification Program and Addiction Medicine Clinic;
• Regularly evaluate patient medical status and adjust medication orders and other treatment parameters as indicated;
• In collaboration with other members of interdisciplinary treatment team, develop recommendations and referrals to additional or ongoing treatment services;
• Notify and consult with Medical Director or Chief Medical Officer as needed;
• Regularly review and modify admission and treatment protocols in conjunction with the Medical Director and Chief Medical Officer in order to improve quality of care;
• Recognize and initiate appropriate response to medical emergencies;
• Provide on call medical coverage for patients, including answering questions about medication administration or interactions;
• Consult with and provide direction for medical staff as needed in person or via telephone; prescribe medications used to treat withdrawal symptoms and additional medications as needed to accomplish treatment goals;
• Ensure documentation is up to date in patient electronic medical record;
• Participate in coordination of medical care, treatment team meetings, and similar other activities as needed;
• Work collaboratively with ARC leadership team to ensure that safety and industry standards are maintained program wide;
• Maintain current licensure, maintain required CME; participation and membership in professional organizations;
• Travel to ARC sites to provide services;
• Assist with short-term coverage for additional clinical and administrative duties as needed; and
• Provide information and assistance to other team members, including training as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
• Oregon Licensed Nurse Practitioner with X-Waiver prescribing license, or ability to obtain an X-Waiver license within first 6 months of employment;
• Medical Practitioner, with experience in general family practice and patient management. Ability to cross over other medical providers when necessary;
• Experience in addictions treatment or similar settings, highly preferred;
• Perform pre-admission medical screening, and collect other pertinent medical data, as required;
•Accurately complete required chart notes and patient records;
• Professional demeanor and ability to appropriately oversee nursing staff and other ARC medical services;
• Passion for patient care/service for at-risk and vulnerable patients;
•Excellent communication and listening skills;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Moderate computer proficiency, including MS office.
Compensation and benefits include:
• Competitive salary negotiable based on skills and experience;
• Health, dental, life, and LTD benefits at no cost for employee;
• Voluntary 401k retirement with employer match & immediate vesting;
• Additional optional benefits include vision, flexible spending account, and supplemental life;
• Generous Paid Leave including 20 vacation days to start, 10 paid holidays, 9 sick days, plus 20 hours professional training; and
• Qualified Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness.
Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen, including a screening for medical and recreational marijuana. All inquiries confidential. Open until filled.
Please submit a complete resume AND cover letter that briefly shares how you are qualified and why you are applying for this position.
DON’T MISS AN OPPORTUNITY TO BE PART OF THIS EXTRAORDINARY TEAM OF HEALERS… APPLY TODAY!
Addictions Recovery Center, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. LGBTQIA+ applicants are encouraged to apply.