Addictions Recovery Center, Inc (ARC) in Medford, Oregon is a behavioral health agency providing a trauma-informed, comprehensive continuum of substance use and co-occurring mental health disorder treatment services in Southern Oregon. We are seeking Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselors (CADCs) to join our multidisciplinary team and make a positive difference in the lives of those seeking to recover from addiction.
ARC CADCs provide evidence-based substance use disorder treatment services to clients and their families that is reflective of their credentialing, as well as the culture and guiding principles of the agency. They maintain clinical integrity of all services and client information, in accordance with records security guidelines, as well as HIPPA and CFR 42 PART II. ARC CADCs also demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with the principles promoted generally in recovery, and within the ethical guidelines of ACCBO and NAADAC.
CADC positions are open for our Outpatient and Residential programs. Hybrid and remote positions are available for our Outpatient program. Remote positions require your place of residence to be in the state of Oregon.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Providing treatment to those suffering from substance related disorders, including delivery and practice of various therapeutic and counseling techniques;
• Maintain client case management records in accordance with Addictions Recovery Center and Oregon Administrative Regulations requirements; including but not limited to assessment, intake, treatment, discharge summary, and correspondence;
• Maintaining education and required licensures/certifications related to evidence-based best practices and theories of addiction treatment and recovery;
• Achieving service outcomes that meet or exceed established standards;
• Ensuring compliance with guidelines and governing regulations;
• Engaging in educational and training opportunities for continuous professional development;
• Consistently meeting clinical charting standards and requirements; and
• Ensuring that all services are provided with a high level of skill and passion for trauma-informed care.
Education, Credentials and Skills should include:
• Appropriate post-secondary education and a current Oregon CADC certification OR immediate reciprocity with MHACBO board;
• Experience working in residential addictions treatment or other human services counseling field, highly preferred;
• A post-secondary degree is preferred;
• Moderate computer and data entry proficiency;
• Ability to provide crisis intervention;
• Understanding/compliance with HIPAA and CFR 42 PART II policies;
• Ability to facilitate group, individual, and/or family services; and
• High organization, strong communications, and listening skills a must.
Compensation and benefits include:
• ARC employees work no more than four-days a week to ensure they can maintain a healthy work and life balance;
• Starting salary for certified CADC ranging from $48,724.83 to $61,636.93 annually, depending on credentials, skills and experience; or
• Starting salary for CADC candidate (to be certified within 1 to 2 years of hiring) ranging from $43,533.33 to $46,798.33 annually, depending on other credentials, skills and experience;
• $1,500.00 sign-on bonus for the successful CADC I and II candidates (paid in two installments, 50% at three months active employment, remaining 50% at six months active employment);
• Three (3) to six (6) weeks of Vacation accrued per year, based upon years of service;
• Paid Sick Time accrues up to 96.00 hours annually; and
• Ten (10) Paid Holidays each year: New Year’s, MLK Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day,
• Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
Additional benefits include:
• Medical and Dental Health Coverage and a minimum $50,000 Basic Life & AD/D with no premium cost for employee coverage;
• $6,000 per year Deductible Health Reimbursement Account (HRA);
• Additional Voluntary Benefits including Vision Coverage, Critical Illness & Accident Coverage, Guarantee Issue Supplemental Life Insurance at group premium rates, and Pet Insurance Discount;
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA);
• 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match and immediate vesting;
• 20 hours paid per year for work-related professional training;
• Assistance with work-related licensure/certification fees;
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
• Reduced cost Mercy Flights household membership; and
• Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness and HRSA SUD Student Loan Repayment.
Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen. All inquiries confidential. Open until filled.
Please submit a complete resume and cover letter that briefly shares how you are qualified and why you are applying for this position. To apply online, fill out the form and attach a resume below. You may also submit your cover letter and resume by emailing HumanResources@AddictionsRecovery.org.