Addictions Recovery Center in Medford, Oregon is a private, non-profit health agency providing care in southern Oregon for nearly 50 years including: detox & sobering services, residential addiction treatment, transition housing, outpatient care, and mental health services. We are currently seeking a skilled full time cook, to provide great meals for our clients.
The successful candidates will work full-time in a large volume kitchen (nearly 150 meals per day), duties include but are not limited to:
• Prepare all meals for residential and inpatient clients from an established menu plan;
• Ensure that meals are prepared and served at scheduled times;
• Supervise clients assigned to kitchen duty;
• Perform all food preparation, kitchen and meal clean-up, food storage duties in accordance with food service regulations and requirements;
• Ensure use of all required food service/kitchen safety standards and procedures;
• Report all kitchen/food service concerns to Food Service Supervisor;
Minimum credentials/skills required include:
• 1 to 2 years experience in large scale cooking and/or additional food service training, a plus;
• Ability to creatively solve meal preparation problems/challenges;
• Up-to-date with Oregon Public health regulations for food prep/service/storage;
• Ability to plan workload effectively and limit overall waste of food and/or resources;
• A current Food Handlers card or ability to obtain prior to start date;
• A professional demeanor with a strong sense of pride in high quality food services.
Addictions Recovery Center offers competitive compensation and benefits, including:
• Starting wage: $14.00+ per hour, based level of skill and experience;
• Health, Dental, Life, and Long-Term Disability benefits (at no cost for employee)
• Additional optional benefits: vision, flexible spending account;
• 401k retirement with employer match & immediate vesting
• Generous Paid Leave: vacation (17 days), holidays (9 days), sick (9 days), and professional training (20 hours) for first year;
• Qualified Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Employer
Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen—Including medical and recreational marijuana. All inquiries confidential. This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit a complete resume AND cover letter that briefly shares how you are qualified and why you are applying for this position.