Addictions Recovery Center in Medford, Oregon is a private, non-profit health agency providing care in southern Oregon for nearly 50 years including: detox & sobering services, residential addiction treatment, transition housing, outpatient care, and mental health services. We are currently seeking a skilled, full-time cook to provide great meals for our clients.
The successful candidates will work full-time in a large volume kitchen (nearly 150 meals per day), duties include but are not limited to:
• Prepare all meals for residential and inpatient clients from an established menu plan;
• Ensure that meals are prepared and served at scheduled times;
• Supervise clients assigned to kitchen duty;
• Perform all food preparation, kitchen and meal clean-up, food storage duties in accordance with food service regulations and requirements;
• Ensure use of all required food service/kitchen safety standards and procedures;
• Report all kitchen/food service concerns to Food Service Supervisor;
Minimum credentials/skills required include:
• 1 to 2 years experience in large scale cooking and/or additional food service training, a plus;
• Ability to creatively solve meal preparation problems/challenges;
• Up-to-date with Oregon Public health regulations for food prep/service/storage;
• Ability to plan workload effectively and limit overall waste of food and/or resources;
• A current Food Handlers card or ability to obtain prior to start date;
• A professional demeanor with a strong sense of pride in high quality food services.
Addictions Recovery Center offers competitive compensation and benefits, including:
• Starting wage: $14.00+ per hour, based level of skill and experience;
• Health, Dental, Life, and Long-Term Disability benefits (at no cost for employee)
• Additional optional benefits: vision, flexible spending account;
• 401k retirement with employer match & immediate vesting
• Generous Paid Leave: vacation (17 days), holidays (9 days), sick (9 days), and professional training (20 hours) for first year;
• Qualified Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Employer
Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen—Including medical and recreational marijuana. All inquiries confidential. This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit a complete resume AND cover letter that briefly shares how you are qualified and why you are applying for this position.
Addictions Recovery Center, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.