Addictions Recovery Center, Inc (ARC) in Medford, Oregon is a behavioral health agency providing a trauma-informed, comprehensive continuum of substance use and co-occurring mental health disorder treatment services in Southern Oregon. We are seeking a skilled full-time Food Services Cook, to provide hearty and healthy meals for our clients. The successful candidates will work full-time in a large volume kitchen (nearly 150 meals per day).
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Prepare all meals for residential and inpatient clients from an established menu plan;
• Ensure that meals are prepared and served at scheduled times;
• Supervise clients assigned to kitchen duty;
• Perform all food preparation, kitchen and meal clean-up, food storage duties in accordance with food service regulations and requirements;
• Ensure use of all required food service/kitchen safety standards and procedures; and
• Report all kitchen/food service concerns to Food Service Supervisor.
Education, Credentials and Skills should include:
• 1 to 2 years’ experience in large scale cooking and/or additional food service training, a plus;
• Ability to creatively solve meal preparation problems/challenges;
• Up-to-date with Oregon Public health regulations for food prep/service/storage;
• Ability to plan workload effectively and limit overall waste of food and/or resources;
• A current Food Handlers card or ability to obtain prior to start date; and
• A professional demeanor with a strong sense of pride in high quality food services.
Compensation and benefits include:
• Starting wage ranging from $16.00 to $18.40 per hour, depending on skills and experience;
• $750.00 sign-on bonus for the successful candidate (paid in two installments, 50% at three months active employment, remaining 50% at six months active employment);
• Health, dental, life, and LTD benefits at no cost for employee;
• Voluntary 401k retirement with employer match & immediate vesting;
• Additional optional benefits include vision, flexible spending account, and supplemental life;
• Generous Paid Leave including 17 vacation days to start, 10 paid holidays, 9 sick days, plus 20 hours professional training; and
• Qualified Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness.
Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen – including medical and recreational marijuana. All inquiries confidential. This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit a complete resume and cover letter that briefly shares how you are qualified and why you are applying for this position. To apply online, fill out the form and attach a resume below. You may also submit your cover letter and resume by emailing HumanResources@AddictionsRecovery.org.