Addictions Recovery Center, Inc. (ARC) is committed to the health and wellbeing of our staff. To meet this promise, we have implemented a maximum four-day workweek for the entire ARC team.
With this new schedule, most employees will work no more than 32 hours a week, and no employee will work more than 36 hours per week. Combined with our above market wages and robust benefits, this will ensure that everyone on staff is able to maintain a healthy work and life balance.
Click on one of the links below to find a career that will truly offer the opportunity to choose a healthier way of life.
Addictions Recovery Center, Inc (ARC) in Medford, Oregon is a behavioral health agency providing a trauma-informed, comprehensive continuum of substance use and co-occurring mental health disorder treatment services in Southern Oregon. We are seeking Residential Support Specialists with Certified Recovery Mentor (CRM) or Peer Support Specialist (PSS) certification to provide patient-centered care for clients in our Women’s residential treatment facility. Residential Support Specialists are an integral part of our residential clinical team, requiring the ability to motivate, deescalate and coach clients during their stay in residential. The CRM/PSS certification includes training in motivational interviewing which sets the foundation for successful communication and general interaction with clients and coworkers.
Residential Support Specialists provide services 24 hours a day/7 days a week, including graveyard shifts and holidays. Once trained, the successful candidates will receive a set night shift schedule, either Tuesday to Friday or Friday to Monday, from 1:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Gathering and assessing patient and client information to evaluate needs;
• Ensuring clients maintain their daily treatment schedule;
• Assisting clients with medication, taking vitals (temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate, blood pressure) and performing UAs;
• Completing required documentation;
• Performing client room and chore checks; and
• Assisting the team with unit laundry, supply maintenance, light cleaning and visit preparation.
Education, Credentials and Skills should include:
• A valid CRM certification through MHACBO or PSS – Adult Addiction certification through OHA (ARC may assist a qualified candidate with obtaining CRM/PSS certification);
• Client care experience in addictions treatment, medical, or other human services environment;
• Ability to learn and provide trauma-informed crisis intervention and de-escalation;
• Commitment to client success and great listening skills;
• Professional demeanor and good communication skills;
• High School diploma or equivalent is preferred;
• Valid driver license and proof of insurance is required;
• Current CPR and First Aid Certification (or obtain within 90 days of hire);
• Moderate competency in computer use, keyboarding, and MS Office products;
Compensation and benefits include:
• ARC employees work no more than four-days a week to ensure they can maintain a healthy work and life balance;
• Starting salary for candidate with CRM certification ranging from $18.98 to 21.83 per hour, depending on credentials, skills and experience; or
• Starting wage for candidate needing CRM training/certification ranging from $17.10 to $19.67 per hour, depending on skills and experience;
• $1.00 per hour additional night differential for eligible night shift hours;
• $1,250.00 sign-on bonus for the successful candidate (paid in two installments, 50% at three months active employment, remaining 50% at six months active employment);
• Health, dental, life, and LTD benefits at no cost for employee;
• Voluntary 401k retirement with employer match & immediate vesting;
• Additional optional benefits include vision, flexible spending account, and supplemental life;
• Generous Paid Leave including three (3) weeks vacation accrual annually to start, 10 paid holidays, 96 hours sick time accrual annually, plus 20 hours professional training; and
• Qualified Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness and HRSA SUD Student Loan Repayment Employer.
Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen—including medical and recreational marijuana. All inquiries confidential. Open until filled.
Please submit a complete resume and cover letter that briefly shares how you are qualified and why you are applying for this position. To apply online, fill out the form and attach a resume below. You may also submit your cover letter and resume by emailing HumanResources@AddictionsRecovery.org.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity – apply today!
Note to applicants: As of Oct. 18, 2021, Oregon is requiring all healthcare employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, with limited exceptions. This requirement applies to all Addictions Recovery Center, Inc. employees.
ARC is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. LGBTQIA2S+ applicants are encouraged to apply 🏳️🌈.