Addictions Recovery Center, Inc. (ARC) is committed to the health and wellbeing of our staff. To meet this promise, we have implemented a maximum four-day workweek for the entire ARC team.
With this new schedule, most employees will work no more than 32 hours a week, and no employee will work more than 36 hours per week. Combined with our above market wages and robust benefits, this will ensure that everyone on staff is able to maintain a healthy work and life balance.
Keep reading to learn how a career as an ARC Residential Support Specialist would offer you the opportunity to choose a healthier way of life.
• Title: Residential Support Specialists
• Type: Full Time (4-day workweek, 32 hours)
• Work Model: Onsite
• Hourly Wage with CRM Certification: $21.73 – $27.28 + differential
• Hourly Wage Needing CRM Training/Certification: $21.37 + differential
• Competitive Vacation & Benefits Package Details Below!
Addictions Recovery Center, Inc (ARC) in Medford, Oregon is a behavioral health agency providing a trauma-informed, comprehensive continuum of substance use and co-occurring mental health disorder treatment services in Southern Oregon. We are seeking full time Residential Support Specialists with Certified Recovery Mentor (CRM) or Peer Support Specialist (PSS) certification to provide patient-centered care for clients in our residential treatment facilities.
Residential Support Specialists are an integral part of our residential clinical team, requiring the ability to motivate, deescalate and coach clients during their stay in residential. The CRM/PSS certification includes training in motivational interviewing which sets the foundation for successful communication and general interaction with clients and coworkers. They provide services 24 hours a day/7 days a week, including graveyard shifts and holidays.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Gathering and assessing patient and client information to evaluate needs;
- Ensuring clients maintain their daily treatment schedule;
- Assisting clients with medication, taking vitals (temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate, blood pressure) and performing UAs;
- Completing required documentation;
- Performing client room and chore checks; and
- Assisting the team with unit laundry, supply maintenance, light cleaning and visit preparation.
ARC is an anti-harassment and anti-racism agency. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and maintaining a professional, safe, and welcoming environment for all staff and clients.
EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS & SKILLS
Education, Credentials and Skills should include:
- A valid CRM certification through MHACBO or PSS – Adult Addiction certification through OHA (ARC may assist a qualified candidate with obtaining CRM/PSS certification);
- Client care experience in addictions treatment, medical, or other human services environment;
- Ability to learn and provide trauma-informed crisis intervention and de-escalation;
- Commitment to client success and great listening skills;
- Professional demeanor and good communication skills;
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred;
- Valid driver license and proof of insurance is required;
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification (or obtain within 90 days of hire); and
- Moderate competency in computer use, keyboarding, and MS Office products.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Compensation and benefits include:
- ARC employees work no more than four-days a week to ensure they can maintain a healthy work and life balance;
- Starting wage for candidate with CRM certification ranging from $23.73 to 27.28 per hour, depending on credentials, skills and experience; or
- Starting wage for candidate needing CRM training/certification is $21.38 per hour;
- $1.00 per hour additional night differential for eligible night shift hours;
- Three (3) to six (6) weeks of Vacation accrued per year, based upon years of service;
- Paid Sick Time accrues up to 96.00 hours annually; and
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays each year: New Year’s, MLK Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
Additional benefits include:
- Medical and Dental Health Coverage and a minimum $50,000 Basic Life & AD/D with no premium cost for employee coverage;
- $6,000 per year Deductible Health Reimbursement Account (HRA);
- Additional Voluntary Benefits including Vision Coverage, Critical Illness & Accident Coverage, Guarantee Issue Supplemental Life Insurance at group premium rates, and Pet Insurance Discount;
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA);
- 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match and immediate vesting;
- 20 hours paid per year for work-related professional training;
- Assistance with work-related licensure/certification fees;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Reduced cost Mercy Flights household membership; and
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness and HRSA SUD Student Loan Repayment.