Addictions Recovery Center, Inc (ARC) in Medford, Oregon is a behavioral health agency providing a trauma-informed, comprehensive continuum of substance use and co-occurring mental health disorder treatment services in Southern Oregon. We are seeking a qualified, fulltime Residential Medical Specialist with Certified Recovery Mentor (CRM) or Peer Support Specialist (PSS) certification to provide medical oversight and care for clients in our residential treatment facilities.
Residential Medical Specialists provide support for clients in ARC’s 24/7 residential programs by ensuring that good health is a part of their treatment and recovery journey. This role is an integral part of our residential clinical team, providing patient-centered care in a compassionate and trauma-informed approach, motivating and coaching clients on the importance of addressing health concerns during their stay in residential, and working to make certain no barrier exists for the wraparound healthcare services the client may need. The CRM/PSS certification is key to this work, as training in motivational interviewing is part of the curriculum and sets the foundation for successful, client-focused communication and general interaction with clients and coworkers alike.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Providing medical care as directed and within scope of their license/certification;
• Assisting with pre-admission screening for those on the unit wait list;
• Overseeing patient medication self-administration, and coordinating with providers for patients receiving medication assisted treatment;
• Facilitating weekly group education meetings;
• Keeping medication inventory, ordering, storage, disposal;
• Assisting clients with medical, dental, and specialty care appointments;
• Performing necessary testing at admission for new and existing clients as required;
• Maintaining all client medical documentation; and
• Residential Medical Specialist may occasionally work on-call, including graveyard, weekends, and holiday shifts.
Education, Credentials and Skills should include:
• Advanced medical training/certification, as identified by Addictions Recovery Center;
• A valid CRM certification through MHACBO or PSS – Adult Addiction certification through OHA (ARC may assist a qualified candidate with obtaining CRM/PSS certification);
• Requires active CPR/First Aid Certification;
• Ability to provide trauma-informed care, crisis intervention, and de-escalation techniques.
• Knowledge and experience with client care in addictions treatment, medical, or other human services environment, a plus;
• Professional demeanor and good communication skills;
• Commitment to client success and great listening skills; and
•Moderate competency in computer use, keyboarding, and MS Office products;
Compensation and benefits include:
• Starting salary for candidate with CRM certification ranging from $44,413.20 to $51,075.18 annually, depending on credentials, skills and experience; or
• Starting wage for candidate needing CRM training/certification ranging from $17.10 to $19.67 per hour, depending on skills and experience;
• $1,250.00 sign-on bonus for the successful candidate (paid in two installments, 50% at three months active employment, remaining 50% at six months active employment);
• Health, dental, life, and LTD benefits at no cost for employee;
• Voluntary 401k retirement with employer match & immediate vesting;
• Additional optional benefits include vision, flexible spending account, and supplemental life;
• Generous Paid Leave including 20 vacation days to start, 10 paid holidays, 9 sick days, plus 20 hours professional training; and
• Qualified Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness and HRSA SUD Student Loan Repayment Employer.
Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen. All inquiries confidential. Open until filled.
Please submit a complete resume and cover letter that briefly shares how you are qualified and why you are applying for this position. To apply online, fill out the form and attach a resume below. You may also submit your cover letter and resume by emailing HumanResources@AddictionsRecovery.org.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity – apply today!
ARC is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. LGBTQIA2S+ applicants are encouraged to apply 🏳️🌈.
Note to applicants: As of Oct. 18, 2021, Oregon is requiring all healthcare employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, with limited exceptions. This requirement applies to all Addictions Recovery Center, Inc. employees.