Addictions Recovery Center, Inc (ARC) in Medford, Oregon is a multidisciplinary, behavioral health agency providing a trauma-informed, comprehensive continuum of substance use and co-occurring mental health disorder treatment services in Southern Oregon for nearly 50 years. We are seeking a full time Human Resources Director to plan, lead, coordinate, and direct ARC’s Human Resources (HR) department, while helping develop and reinforce our professional, equitable, supportive, and responsive culture.
The primary role of the Human Resources Director is to develop strategy and drive implementation of Human Resources (HR) activities that create employee engagement and improve the agency’s profitability and success, ensuring legal compliance, and implementation of the agency’s mission and talent strategy, to meet our equity, diversity, and inclusion commitments. The HR Director plays a key role in developing, reinforcing, and changing the culture of the agency through compensation and benefits, performance management, training and development, recruitment, onboarding, and retention programs.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Advising the leadership team on people strategies and planning;
• Providing leadership and guidance regarding labor and employment regulatory compliance for the agency;
• Administering HR plans, budgets, policies, and procedures for all ARC staff;
• Facilitating the flow and ensure proper documentation of the entire employment process;
• Overseeing recruiting, hiring, and onboarding processes;
• Coordinating, scheduling, tracking, and maintaining employee training programs;
• Administering compensation and benefit programs;
• Directing employee relations;
• Coaching and supporting supervisors with performance management;
• Supervising Human Resources staff; and
• Representing Addictions Recovery Center professionally both internally and in the community.
Education, Credentials and Skills should include:
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree and/or certifications in relevant field and ten years of progressively responsible professional experience in program administration; or,
• A combination of post-secondary education, training, and experience which provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability required to perform the job;
• Minimum of five years human resource management experience, preferably in a healthcare setting;
• Previous experience with developing and implementing a robust equity, diversity and inclusion program;
• Previous experience in the selection and successful implementation of an HRIS;
• SHRM certification;
• CARF education and/or practice a plus;
• Spanish-fluency preferred; and
• Advanced level of experience using Microsoft Office products.
ARC has units that provide services 24 hours per day/7 days per week. The HR Director may occasionally be required to work on-call during weekends and holidays, as necessary.
Compensation and benefits include:
• Salary negotiable based on level of education, credentials, skills, and experience;
• $2,500 sign-on bonus for the successful candidate (paid in two installments, 50% at three months active employment, remaining 50% at six months active employment);
• Health, dental, life, and LTD benefits at no cost for employee;
• Voluntary 401k retirement with employer match & immediate vesting;
• Additional optional benefits include vision, flexible spending account, and supplemental life;
• Generous Paid Leave including 20 vacation days to start, 10 paid holidays, 9 sick days, plus 20 hours professional training; and
• Qualified Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness and HRSA SUD Student Loan Repayment Employer.
Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen. All inquiries confidential. Open until filled.
Please submit a complete resume and cover letter that briefly shares how you are qualified and why you are applying for this position. To apply online, fill out the form and attach a resume below. You may also submit your cover letter and resume by emailing HumanResources@AddictionsRecovery.org.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity – apply today!
Addictions Recovery Center, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. LGBTQIA2S+ applicants are encouraged to apply 🏳️🌈.
Note to applicants: As of October 18, 2021, Oregon requires all healthcare employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, with limited exceptions. This requirement applies to all Addictions Recovery Center, Inc. employees.