Addictions Recovery Center is searching for a Substance Use Disorder counselor to work with exciting multi-disciplinary treatment teams and make a positive difference in the lives of those seeking to recover from addiction. ARC is a private, non-profit health agency providing care in southern Oregon for more than 45 years including: detox & sobering services, residential addiction treatment, transition housing, outpatient care, and mental health services.
The successful candidate will fulfill the following duties and expectations:
• Work full time in our thriving addictions treatment programs;
• Provide direct clinical services in collaboration with a dedicated multi-disciplinary team of service providers;
• Achieve service outcomes that meet or exceed established standards;
• Ensure compliance with guidelines and governing regulations;
• Engage in educational and training opportunities for continuous professional development;
• Consistently meet clinical charting standards and requirements;
• Ensure that all services are provided with a high level of skill and passion for trauma-informed care;
• Demonstrated understanding of evidence based clinical practices compatible with the philosophy and theory of recognized evidence-based practices and the Addictions Recovery Center Core Values.
Credentials/Skills required include:
• Appropriate post-secondary education and a current Oregon CADC certification OR ability to obtain Oregon CADC within one (1) year of hire; OR immediate reciprocity with MHACBO board;
• Experience working in addictions treatment or other human services counseling field, highly preferred;
• A post-secondary or graduate degree is a plus;
• Moderate computer and data entry proficiency to fulfill the essential record keeping requirements;
• Ability to provide crisis intervention;
• Understanding/compliance with HIPAA and CFR 42 PART II policies;
• Ability to facilitate group, individual, and/or family services;
• Strong communications and listening skills a must.
Competitive compensation and benefits, including:
• Starting wage based on level of certification, knowledge, skill, and experience;
o $37,440 per year CADC Candidates;
o $43,680 per year CADC;
• Health, Dental, Life, and LTD benefits (at no cost for employee)
• Additional optional benefits: vision, flexible spending account, etc.
• 401k retirement with employer match & immediate vesting
• Generous Paid Leave: vacation (20 days), holidays (9 days), sick (9 days), and professional training (20 hours)
• Qualified Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness and HRSA SUD Student Loan Repayment Employer
Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen—including medical and recreational marijuana. All inquiries confidential. Open until filled.
Please submit a complete resume with a cover letter that briefly shares how you are qualified and why you are applying for this position. Resumes and cover letters should be submitted either in person at 1003 East Main St., Suite 104, Medford, OR 97504 or emailed to: HumanResources@AddictionsRecovery.org