Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner – Co-Occurring Disorders
Home/Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner – Co-Occurring Disorders
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner – Co-Occurring DisordersARC Communications2020-10-01T16:34:46+00:00
Are you looking for a career where you can have a positive, direct impact on the lives of individuals in the community – If you are looking for a caring, encouraging work environment – LOOK NO FURTHER! COME JOIN OUR DEDICATED TEAM!
Addictions Recovery Center in Medford, Oregon is seeking a well-organized individual with excellent client care/service skills to join our team.
The successful Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner will provide psychiatric consultation and treatment to patients of Addictions Recovery Center. The ideal candidate will be well versed in assessment, differential diagnosis, treatment planning, crisis intervention, and prescription of psychotropic medication. Working in a multi-disciplinary team format is essential as is comfort working with a minority and underserved population in a community setting. Activities and duties generally include, but are not limited to the following:
· Perform psychiatric diagnostic evaluations and formulate treatment plans with staff for patients with dual diagnoses who present in crisis or in need of urgent mental health;
· Prescribe, dispense and monitor psychotropic medications according to protocol;
· Identify and triage to appropriate medical intervention around substance abuse problems including acute intoxication;
· Potentially supervise and collaborate with non-medical staff and train;
· Obtain and monitor appropriate laboratory testing and vital signs;
· Maintain confidential medical records and submit billing for all services rendered;
· Provide patient consultation to other team members;
· Attend and participate in weekly staff meeting;
· Respond to psychiatric and medical emergencies with triage assessment and referrals;
· Perform other related tasks as assigned;
Credentials/Skills required include:
· Five (5) or more years’ experience in direct client medical addictions treatment/care and medical unit management preferred;
· Graduation from an accredited University/College with a minimum of a master’s degree in nursing with a specialty in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner;
· Licensed in Oregon as a registered nurse (RN) and a Nurse Practitioner (NP);
· Current ANCC certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner;
· Unrestricted license to practice as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse where direct services will be provided;
· Unrestricted DEA registration where direct services will be provided;
· No suspension/exclusion/ debarment from participation in federal or state health care programs.
Competitive compensation and benefits, including:
· Wage is dependent based on level of certification, knowledge, skill, and experience;
· Health, Dental, Life, and LTD benefits (at no cost for employee);
ARC is a private, non-profit health agency providing care in southern Oregon for 50 years including: detox & sobering services, residential addiction treatment, transition housing, outpatient care, and mental health services.