DO YOU LIKE TO COOK!
Addictions Recovery Center in Medford, Oregon is a private, non-profit health agency providing care in southern Oregon for nearly 50 years including: detox & sobering services, residential addiction treatment, transition housing, outpatient care, and mental health services. We are currently seeking a skilled full time cook, to provide great meals for our clients.
The successful candidates will work full-time in a large volume kitchen, duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare all meals for residential clients from an established menu plan;
- Ensure that meals are prepared and served at scheduled times;
- Supervise clients assigned to kitchen duty;
- Perform all food preparation, kitchen and meal clean-up, food storage duties in accordance with food service regulations and requirements;
- Ensure use of all required food service/kitchen safety standards and procedures;
- Report all kitchen/food service concerns to Food Service Supervisor;
Minimum credentials/skills required include:
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in large scale cooking and/or additional food service training, a plus;
- Ability to creatively solve meal preparation problems/challenges;
- Up-to-date with Oregon Public health regulations for food prep/service/storage;
- Ability to plan workload effectively and limit overall waste of food and/or resources;
- A current Food Handlers card or ability to obtain prior to start date;
- A professional demeanor with a strong sense of pride in high quality food services.
Addictions Recovery Center offers competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- Starting wage: $14.00 per hour, based level of skill and experience;
- Health, Dental, Life, and LTD benefits (at no cost for employee)
- Additional optional benefits: vision, flexible spending account, etc.
- 401k retirement with employer match & immediate vesting
- Generous Paid Leave: vacation (17 days), holidays (9 days), sick (9 days), and professional training (20 hours)
- Qualified Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Employer
Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen. All inquiries confidential. Open until filled.
Please submit a complete resume with a cover letter that briefly shares how you are qualified and why you are applying for this position.
Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to: HumanResourcesARC@gmail.com