Addictions Recovery Center, Inc (ARC) in Medford, Oregon is a behavioral health agency providing a trauma-informed, comprehensive continuum of substance use and co-occurring mental health disorder treatment services in Southern Oregon. We are seeking a well-organized individual with excellent service skills to work as a EHR Specialist and provide critical technical support, training, and process improvement for the agency’s electronic health record.
ARC’s EHR Support Specialist is the critical first point of contact for staff needing technical support, training, and process improvement for the agency’s electronic health record. They help build and maintain an electronic health record central knowledge base, provide essential technical support via phone, remote access, or in person visits, and train employees on established workflows, processes, and tools. The EHR Support Specialist also serves as the liaison between the IT team and all other programs relative to the EHR and maintains a thorough understanding of specific program workflows to assess and recommend potential enhancements.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Providing technical support to EHR system users with an emphasis on providing a positive and effective customer support experience;
• Identifying gaps in user knowledge to inform new training opportunities;
• Investigating, documenting, and facilitating resolution of issues reported by end-users;
• Reporting software concerns and issues to the vendor, as appropriate, and assist in managing issues through to resolution;
• Maintaining a basic understanding of agency regulatory requirements for service-delivery documentation, billing, and medical records retention in support of ongoing compliance needs;
• Serving as primary liaison for state-reporting requirements by ensuring data is submitted according to contractual requirements;
• Assist in assessing for data accuracy, data cleanup, data gathering and basic data analysis for use in various reports; and
• Assist in developing and administering ongoing training programs to staff with focus on the efficient and accurate navigation and utilization of the EHR.
Education, Credentials and Skills should include:
• A combination of post-secondary education OR training and/or demonstrated knowledge and experience with database systems and training of staff;
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
• Excellent computer and data entry proficiency;
• Excellent interpersonal skills; and
• Meticulous attention to detail.
Compensation and benefits include:
• ARC employees work no more than four-days a week to ensure they can maintain a healthy work and life balance;
• Competitive wage ranging from $29.66 to $34.11 per hour, depending on skills and experience;
• $750.00 sign-on bonus for the successful candidate (paid in two installments, 50% at three months active employment, remaining 50% at six months active employment);
• Three (3) to six (6) weeks of Vacation accrued per year, based upon years of service;
• Paid Sick Time accrues up to 96.00 hours annually; and
• Ten (10) Paid Holidays each year: New Year’s, MLK Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
Additional benefits include:
• Medical and Dental Health Coverage and a minimum $50,000 Basic Life & AD/D with no premium cost for employee coverage;
• $4,000 per year Deductible Health Reimbursement Account (HRA);
• Voluntary enrollment in Vision Coverage and Guarantee Issue Supplemental Life Insurance at group premium rates;
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA);
• 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match and immediate vesting;
• 20 hours paid per year for work-related professional training;
• Assistance with work-related licensure/certification fees;
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
• Reduced cost Mercy Flights household membership; and
• Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness and HRSA SUD Student Loan Repayment.
Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen—including medical and recreational marijuana. All inquiries confidential. Open until filled.
Please submit a complete resume and cover letter that briefly shares how you are qualified and why you are applying for this position. To apply online, fill out the form and attach a resume below. You may also submit your cover letter and resume by emailing HumanResources@AddictionsRecovery.org.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity – apply today!
Addictions Recovery Center, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. LGBTQIA2S+ applicants are encouraged to apply 🏳️🌈.
Note to applicants: As of October 18, 2021, Oregon requires all healthcare employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, with limited exceptions. This requirement applies to all Addictions Recovery Center, Inc. employees.