Addictions Recovery Center, Inc (ARC) in Medford, Oregon is a behavioral health agency providing a trauma-informed, comprehensive continuum of substance use and co-occurring mental health disorder treatment services in Southern Oregon. We are seeking seeking full time Certified Recovery Mentors to join our professional treatment organization.
Candidates must self-identify as a person in recovery and work full time as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary team providing emotional and informational support to clients receiving substance use disorder (SUD) treatment services in a variety of settings including, but not limited to: outpatient, criminal justice, jail, and probation system, initial/engagement SUD service access, and medication assisted treatment. Services must be provided using a trauma informed approach and proven clinical practices while representing ARC’s Core Values. Successful candidates must have the ability to provide services with a work schedule that includes weekends and various shifts.
Education, Credentials and Skills should include:
• Self-identify as in recovery with the ability to demonstrate sobriety under nonresidential, independent living conditions in the immediate past two years;
• High School diploma or equivalent, preferred;
• Valid CRM certification through MHACBO and/or OHA Peer Support Specialist – Adult Addiction, required, or the ARC may assist an otherwise qualified and selected candidate with obtaining THW/CRM certification;
• Valid driver license and proof of insurance;
• Current CPR and First Aid Certification (or obtain within 90 days of hire);
• Moderate competency in computer use, keyboarding, and MS Office products;
• Ability to gather and assess patient/client information to evaluate needs;
• Knowledge/experience in Motivational Interviewing, a plus;
• Volunteer or other work experience and/or knowledge with community resources, critical;
• Ability to provide skilled, trauma-informed crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques; and
• Spanish Bilingual and Bicultural, preferred.
Compensation and benefits include:
• ARC employees work no more than four-days a week to ensure they can maintain a healthy work and life balance;
• Starting salary for candidate with CRM certification ranging from $41,134.08 to 47,304.19 annually, depending on credentials, skills and experience; or
• Starting wage for candidate needing CRM training/certification is $21.38 per hour;
• $1,250.00 sign-on bonus for the successful candidate (paid in two installments, 50% at three months active employment, remaining 50% at six months active employment);
• Three (3) to six (6) weeks of Vacation accrued per year, based upon years of service;
• Paid Sick Time accrues up to 96.00 hours annually; and
• Ten (10) Paid Holidays each year: New Year’s, MLK Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day,
• Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
Additional benefits include:
• Medical and Dental Health Coverage and a minimum $50,000 Basic Life & AD/D with no premium cost for employee coverage;
• $4,000 per year Deductible Health Reimbursement Account (HRA);
• Voluntary enrollment in Vision Coverage and Guarantee Issue Supplemental Life Insurance at group premium rates;
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA);
• 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match and immediate vesting;
• 20 hours paid per year for work-related professional training;
• Assistance with work-related licensure/certification fees;
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
• Reduced cost Mercy Flights household membership; and
• Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness and HRSA SUD Student Loan Repayment.
Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen, including screening for medical and recreational marijuana. All inquiries confidential. Open until filled.
Please submit a complete resume and cover letter that briefly shares how you are qualified and why you are applying for this position. To apply online, fill out the form and attach a resume below. You may also submit your cover letter and resume by emailing HumanResources@AddictionsRecovery.org.