Addictions Recovery Center in Medford, Oregon is seeking a compassionate and experienced individual to join our team as a Counselor.
This fulltime, professional clinical position provides direct services to clients and their families within framework of a multi-disciplinary team. The successful candidate will demonstrate standards for security, ethics, confidentiality, rules of conduct and professionalism consistent with ARC, ACCBO, and OAR.
• Provide treatment and support to clients with substance related disorders, including knowledge and practice of various therapeutic and counseling techniques, as well as the ability to understand and respond to direction from our clinical team
• Maintain education related to state of the art practices, models, evidence based best practices and theories in the addictions field. Provide treatment of substance related disorders, including delivery and practice of various therapeutic and counseling techniques
• Comply with all security guidelines, including but not limited to computer generated information and storage
• Provide high quality customer service from the initial call to patients’ admission into treatment
• Coordinate with clinical staff to ensure processes run effectively and clients are adequately oriented to our programs
• Be able to promote, by example, a lifestyle consistent with the principles promoted generally in recovery and by Addictions Recovery Center
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• CADC I, CPR and First Aid certification required; CADC II certification preferred
• Experience and knowledge of security, ethics, confidentiality, rules of conduct and professionalism in delivery of evidence-based practices in addiction treatment
• Competency and demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in essential job functions, including, but not limited to: screening, intake, client orientation, assessment, treatment planning, crisis intervention, consultation and referral, discharge planning, reports and record management.
• Knowledge of integrated treatment of both mental health and alcohol/drug issues, addressing co-existing disorders both as primary requiring simultaneous primary treatment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• General knowledge of clinical record management systems
• Microsoft Office and Electronic Medical Record experience
• Candidates recovering from a substance abuse-related disorder must be able to demonstrate continuous sobriety under non-residential, independent living conditions for at least the last two years
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen. Salary DOE.
Don’t miss this opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of those seeking to recover from addiction.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to humanresourcesARC@gmail.com for consideration.