Addictions Recovery Center in Medford, Oregon is seeking skilled Certified Recovery Mentors to join our professional treatment teams; the ability to provide services with a work schedule that includes weekends and various shifts, is required.
Candidates must self-identify as a person in recovery and work full time as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary team providing emotional and informational support to clients receiving Substance Use Disorder (SUD) treatment services in a variety of settings including, but not limited to: outpatient, criminal justice, jail, and probation system, initial/engagement SUD service access, and medication assisted treatment. This work is often fast-paced and emergent and must be provided with a sensitive and trauma informed approach, utilizing evidence-based services and referrals compatible with the philosophy and theory of recognized Peer Support models and Addictions Recovery Center Core Values.
Credentials/Skills required include:
• Self-identify as in recovery with the ability to demonstrate sobriety under nonresidential, independent living conditions in the immediate past two years;
• High School diploma or equivalent, preferred;
• Valid CRM certification through MHACBO and/or OHA Peer Support Specialist – Adult Addiction, required; OR the ARC will assist the an otherwise qualified and selected candidate with the THW/CRM certification process;
• Valid driver license and proof of insurance;
• Current CPR and First Aid Certification (or obtain within 90 days of hire)
• Moderate competency in computer use, keyboarding, and MS Office products;
• Ability to gather and assess patient/client information to evaluate needs;
• Knowledge/experience in Motivational Interviewing, a plus;
• Volunteer or other work experience and/or knowledge with community resources, critical;
• Ability to provide skilled, trauma-informed crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques;
Competitive compensation and benefits, including:
• Starting wage: $15.00+ per hour, based level on skill, experience, and certification;
• Health, Dental, Life, and LTD benefits (at no cost for employee)
• Additional optional benefits: vision, flexible spending account, etc.
• 401k retirement with employer match & immediate vesting
• Generous Paid Leave: vacation (17 days), holidays (9 days), sick (9 days), and professional training (20 hours)
• Qualified Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Employer
Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug scree. All inquiries confidential. Open until filled.
Please submit a complete resume and cover letter that briefly shares how you are qualified and why you are applying for this position.