Addictions Recovery Center in Medford, Oregon is seeking a skilled male Certified Recovery Mentor to join our professional treatment team and provide services with a work schedule that includes weekends and swing shift hours (approx. 1p to 9p).
The ideal candidate will self-identify as a person in recovery and work full time as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary team providing emotional and informational support to clients receiving Substance Use Disorder (SUD) treatment services to include those involved in: the Criminal Justice system, men incarcerated in Jackson County Jail, initial SUD service access, or medication assisted treatment; work is often fast-paced, emergent, and requires the ability to effectively respond to client needs for support; all services must be provided with a sensitive and trauma informed approach, utilizing evidence based services and referrals compatible with the philosophy and theory of recognized Peer Support models and Addictions Recovery Center Core Values.
Credentials/Skills required include:
• Self-identify as in recovery with the ability to demonstrate sobriety under nonresidential, independent living conditions in the immediate past two years; OR experience working with those receiving substance use disorder treatment services;
• High School diploma or equivalent and a valid CRM certification through MHACBO and/or OHA Peer Support Specialist – Adult Addiction, required;
• Valid driver license and proof of insurance;
• Current CPR and First Aid Certification (or obtain within 90 days of hire)
• Moderate competency in computer use, keyboarding, and MS Office products;
• Ability to gather and assess patient/client information to evaluate needs;
• Knowledge/experience in Motivational Interviewing, a plus;
• Ability to provide skilled, trauma-informed crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques;
Competitive compensation and benefits, including:
• Starting wage: $16.88 per hour, based level on certification, skill, and experience;
• Health, Dental, Life, and LTD benefits (at no cost for employee)
• Additional optional benefits: vision, flexible spending account, etc.
• 401k retirement with employer match & immediate vesting
• Generous Paid Leave: vacation (17 days), holidays (9 days), sick (9 days), and professional training (20 hours)
• Qualified Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Employer
Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen. All inquiries confidential. Open until filled.
Please submit a complete resume with a cover letter that briefly shares how you are qualified and why you are applying for this position.