Addictions Recovery Center in Medford, Oregon is seeking skilled Certified Recovery Mentors – Peer Support Specialists to join our team of healers.
The successful candidate will work full time as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary team providing emotional and informational support to clients and/or their families receiving Substance Use Disorder (SUD) treatment services; work is often fast-paced, emergent, and requires the ability to effectively respond to client needs for support; all services must be provided with a sensitive and trauma informed approach, utilizing evidence based services and referrals compatible with the philosophy and theory of recognized CRM/PSS models and Addictions Recovery Center Core Values.
Credentials/Skills required include:
- Self-identified as in recovery with the ability to demonstrate sobriety under nonresidential, independent living conditions in the immediate past two years;
- High School diploma or equivalent and a valid CRM/PSS certification through ACCBO required;
- Valid driver license and proof of insurance;
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification (or obtain within 90 days of hire)
- Moderate competency in computer use, keyboarding, and MS Office products;
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience in the treatment of the disease of addictions;
- Ability to gather and assess patient/client information to evaluate needs;
- Ability to learn to accurately take and record vital signs;
- Ability to accurately record inventory of patient/client belongings;
- Knowledge/experience in Motivational Interviewing, a plus;
- Ability to provide skilled/trauma-informed crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques;
- Understanding of human services work and purpose;
- Continual growth in the understanding and use of Trauma Informed approach and care;
- Continual growth in the understanding of Recovery principles and practices.
Addictions Recovery Center offers excellent benefits, including:
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401k retirement with employer match & immediate vesting
- Flexible spending account
- Generous Paid Leave for sick, vacation, holidays, and professional training
Salary is based upon experience. Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen. All inquiries are confidential. Open until filled.
Don’t miss this opportunity to work with an exciting team and make a positive difference in the lives of those seeking to recover from addiction.
Please submit a complete resume with a cover letter that briefly shares how you are qualified and why you are applying for this position. Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARC is a private, non-profit health agency providing care in southern Oregon for more than 40 years including: detox & sobering services, residential addiction treatment, transition housing, outpatient care, and mental health services.