Addictions Recovery Center, Inc. (ARC) in Medford, Oregon is seeking a qualified, fulltime Billing Manager to provide leadership and oversight of our Billing Department to ensure accurate and timely processing of insurance billing for ARC services.
ARC’s Billing Manager contributes to the financial stability, longevity, and culture of the agency through organization, communication, and collaboration. They are critical to helping sustain ARC’s revenue stream and ensure the Billing Team has the tools necessary to make certain all work is accurate, and performed with a sense of urgency, in a positive, trauma-informed, and service-minded environment. They provide mentoring and coaching while monitoring the quality and consistency of work. They manage effective working relationships with insurance payers and partners alike. And they maintain open, ongoing lines of communication and collaboration with leadership and other departments across the agency – which is essential to the success of this position.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement practice-specific process improvement recommendations to secure positive results, monitor performance and improvements resolution plans for unfavorable trends
- Enhance and standardize work-flow processes throughout the revenue cycle that assist in achieving consistency in maintaining the critical success factors outlined in our standard operating procedures
- Produce and analyze standard monthly reports that assist in the monthly forecast process
- Monitor and analyze aging data
- Schedule and assign billing duties and tasks to Billing Specialists, including insurance billing, payment posting and reporting, as well as establishing and managing effective working relationships with insurance payers
- Follow up to monitor the quality of staff work, and provide feedback, guidance, and support as needed
- Mentor and coach staff to help them further develop their skills and experience
- Ensure that billing practices are consistent with operating policies and procedures, and meet timely filing requirements
- Complete all necessary and requested billing reports, as requested, or required
- Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer to provide consistent review of account reconciliations, claim rejections, payor inaccuracies or inconsistencies, and any other issues identified
The Billing Manager may also perform Billing Specialist functions and other tasks as needed.
ARC is an anti-harassment and anti-racism agency. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and maintaining a professional, safe, and welcoming environment for all staff and clients.