Are you looking for a career where you can have a positive, direct impact on the lives of individuals in the community – If you are looking for a caring, encouraging work environment – LOOK NO FURTHER! COME JOIN OUR DEDICATED TEAM!
Addictions Recovery Center in Medford, Oregon is seeking a skilled Admissions/Reception Supervisor to join our professional treatment teams.
The successful candidate will work fulltime in collaboration with medical and clinical leadership to ensure that client intake at the first critical point of service entry is conducted with efficiency, accuracy, and compassion; oversees all aspects of the intake process to ensure clients are ultimately admitted to the appropriate services as quickly and smoothly as possible; routinely demonstrates excellent client care and facilitates rapid and appropriate access to services with a creative and trauma-informed approach. Activities and duties generally include but are not limited to:
• Ensure that all client interactions are done in a trauma-informed and supportive manner;
• Oversee entire initial client intake and admissions requirements/procedures regularly to ensure efficiency and accuracy;
• Ability to respond rapidly to assist clients to navigate Agency processes and access service;
• Serve as client advocate at weekly transition meeting for the warm handoff of clients transitioning through levels of care;
• Consult with Clinical and Operations teams on trends in referral sources, pay sources, as well as the demand for ARC services and admissions barriers/concerns;
• Maintain a global understanding of all transition processes and participate in process improvement initiatives related to both internal and external transitions.
• Mentor, coach and supervise assigned staff; particularly related to best practices, crisis intervention and trauma informed care;
• Manage reception desk services;
o Ensure initial contact with clients/public is professional and trauma-informed;
o Ensure that initial inquiries, requests, and other services are managed efficiently and accurately;
• Manage client intake resources;
o Ensure Admissions and Health/Clinical services result in collaborative team effort and outcomes;
• Ensure that client and/or service records management by Admissions Specialist is consistent with operating policies and procedures;
• Approve PTO requests for assigned staff based on available coverage;
• Track staff compliance with schedules, avoiding unnecessary overtime;
• Facilitate team and/or department staff meetings, as needed;
• Train and monitor work performance of Admissions Specialists including, but not limited to:
o Following policies and procedures for all services;
o Maintaining program intake structures;
o Maintaining daily work schedules, duties and responsibilities;
o Maintaining accurate, timely, and high-quality client records and other required documentation;
o Crisis intervention and de-escalation;
o Utilizing a trauma-informed approach;
o Building extensive knowledge and understanding of Agency services;
• Report personnel issues to the Chief Clinical Officer for guidance, including deficiencies and accolades;
o Collaborate with the Human Resources Director regarding personnel documentation and concerns.
Credentials/Skills required include:
• High School Diploma or GED,
• Combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with desired skills, knowledge, and ability required to perform the job.
• Minimum of 2 years’ of progressively responsible professional experience in program administration, with at least one year including supervisory responsibilities; OR
• A minimum of 1 years of progressively responsible professional leadership experience;
• Experience in assigned area in a Medical and/or Behavioral and/or Addiction Treatment environment desired;
• CARF education and or practice a plus.
Competitive compensation and benefits, including:
• Competitive starting wage-based level on skill, experience, and certification;
• Health, Dental, Life, and LTD benefits (at no cost for employee);
• Additional optional benefits: vision, flexible spending account, etc.;
• 401k retirement with employer match & immediate vesting;
• Generous Paid Leave: vacation (17 days), holidays (9 days), sick (9 days), and professional training (20 hours);
• Qualified Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Employer.
Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug scree. All inquiries confidential. Open until filled.
Please submit a complete resume and cover letter that briefly shares how you are qualified and why you are applying for this position.
ARC is a private, non-profit health agency providing care in southern Oregon for 50 years including: detox & sobering services, residential addiction treatment, transition housing, outpatient care, and mental health services.